Design Technology is a subject that is part of our Art and Design Technology department. Students apply knowledge, skills, experience and resources to the development of technological solutions that are designed to meet the challenging needs of individuals, societies and environments.
Our designers become innovative, adaptable and reflective as they select and use appropriate materials, design processes, information and digital technologies to create solutions that consider the short and long term impact on societies and environments.
Our students develop skills, knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Designing, producing and using products
- Using the five stages of the Design Cycle
- Techniques of production
- The use of a range of materials and components
- The diversity of technological products
- How to think about design and production
- Identifying and responding to needs, wants and opportunities
- How to evaluate materials, processes and products
- The effects of technology on people's lives