At SJIIES, our students are at the heart of all our assessments. We believe a continuous process of classroom assessment has the greatest impact on student outcomes.
Our variety of assessment tools allow students to;
- confidently lead and share their learning
- reflect and identify where they need to improve and how they will achieve their goals.
- be empowered to demonstrate their growing knowledge, skills and understanding as part of their personalised learning experience.
Effective assessments allow our staff to;
- provide quality feedback to move learning forward
- personalise conferencing and strategy groups
- make informed decisions along a student’s learning journey
- collaborate with colleagues to reflect on their practice
- produce reports on student progress and growth
We have three developmental stages of assessment: ‘Beginning’, ‘Developing’ and ‘Mastering’.