Our students are at the heart of all our assessments. A continuous classroom assessment has the most significant impact on student outcomes.
Our variety of assessment tools allows students to;
- confidently lead and share their learning
- reflect and identify where they need to improve and how they will achieve their goals.
- be empowered to demonstrate their growing knowledge, skills and understanding as part of their personalised learning experience.
Effective assessments allow our staff to;
- provide quality feedback to move to learn forward
- personalise conferencing and strategy groups
- make informed decisions along a student’s learning journey
- collaborate with colleagues to reflect on their practice
- produce reports on student progress and growth
To support and validate our teacher judgements, we use various tools from the GL Assessment suite for students in Grades 2 - 6. With better information about each student, we can make informed decisions to improve student learning. We measure attainment, attitude and potential to build individual pupil portraits of all our learners.
Reporting and Parent-Teacher Conference
Parent-Teacher Conferences take place three times across the school year. The PTC aims to build relationships between home and school and to share key information about the student.
Formal reports are generated twice a year, in June and December.