Our Art curriculum develops children’s creative skills, critical appreciation, knowledge of artistic techniques and technologies, and within each child, a unique way of understanding and responding to the world.
Within our Art Studio, creativity and imagination collide, as children discover their inventive, intuitive and imaginative ability and explore their artistic potential. Lessons provide visual, tactile and sensory experiences through immersion in an inspired atmosphere – where colour, form, texture, patterns of different materials and processes are used to communicate what they see, think and feel.
Our children develop a mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting, printmaking, textiles, graphic design, ceramics, mixed media and sculpture, through creative experimentation and increased awareness. They learn about the diverse roles and functions of art, craft and design throughout history, within contemporary life, and across cultures, equipping them for lifelong involvement in, and an appreciation of, the arts.
- Expressing ideas, emotions, observations and experiences through two and three dimensions
- Developing creativity and imagination
- Using the elements and principles of Art and Design
- Using materials, processes and techniques with increasing skill and confidence
- Understanding, appreciating, respecting and enjoying other people's visual expressions
- The work of artists, craft people and designers from different cultures, including those represented in the host country
- Functions of the visual arts in people's lives now and in the past